Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weekend Recap

Last weekend turned out to be a pretty full weekend. It all started Fri afternoon around 3 after I had woken up after working the previous night. I routinely started getting ready for my shift that night. With spring and summer coming around, the census has been running a little low at work. As usual, I always get this little gleam of hope that I might be cancelled for the night. Knowing that the chances of that happening were slim, I got dressed and went ahead and ate dinner before I headed to work. Well right at 5 I received a call from an unknown number. I knew who it was. God had answered my prayer!!!!!! The moment had come!!!! I had gotten the best call of the day saying I was cancelled! I immediately ran into the living room jumping around telling Ash the good news. (She just happened to be off and free from studying that night) I was a little bummed because I had already eaten a boring lean cuisine. I knew a good meal would be in the works! We ended up going to watch her 5yr old cousin's soccer game and then went and ate at Chilis. It was a very LONG meal with two kids under the age of 5 screaming, crying, throwing things, and running around. Love them but wow glad they aren't mine! We finally made it to target to buy some essentials for saturdays upcoming concert. We zipped through Target still a little frazzled from the crazy dinner and were very excited to get back home around 10. We met our neighbor Julie B out for a margarita and had a great night of catching up and visiting!

Saturday started pretty early for me, around 10!( For the rest of the world this is not early!) We (Ash and I) ate some great breakfast from a cafe down the street and started getting ready for our fun filled day. If only I had watched the weather or better yet were psychic! I spent my usual hour doing my hair, make up, and finding that perfect out fit. We were off to do a little tailgating before the Kenny Chesney concert!!! I was hoping for sunshine and 80 but I can handle cloudy and 70. After about an hour it starts to sprinkle. Our tickets did say sunshine or rain so I guess we are still on. Luckily we had a UT canopy thing to sit under so we were staying dry. Well the sprinkle turned into high winds and heavy rain. We immediately had to lower the tent so that it wouldn't blow away and tie the corners down to whatever we could find. I was holding down the center of our tent while Ash ran next door to help some ladies from OK keep theirs from blowing away. At this point I am wearing two $1.14 ponchos that I am grateful I remembered to bring. (Did I mention the outer poncho was burnt orange with UT signs plastered all over it. Not cool!)

My hair that I had spent so much time on is partially wet and looking real good as you can imagine! My jeans are soaked from the ankle to my knees and some of the food was starting to get wet. All we could do was laugh at the situation and thank God for the rain. The rain finally stopped and we were able to re group all that was going on and sit down and relax. It was now the dreaded time..... Port a potty time!!!! I had put this off for quite a while now. Like most people I DESPISE those things but I did do a little planning ahead. The first thing on my " to pack list" was an extra roll of toilet paper!!! YES I remembered to pack that! Oh no! Where was it and was it dry?!?!?! After much searching I had found it. It was usable!!!! Little damp but no biggie! I will spare you the details of how gross those things were. (Your welcome Greg!) I will say, there were some jealous people in line when they saw our one glorious roll of semi wet toilet paper. We did share! Thanks goodness it was time for the concert to begin. We had great tickets! We were on the floor right next to the stage! It was the closest I have every been at that kind of concert. We were close enough that the awning of the stage blocked some of the rain. Lady Antebellum was first and then Miranda Lambert. It was on and off again rain at this point. Its a good thing we were still sporting our ponchos!!!! So no big deal, we put on hoods and continued singing in the rain!! To add to the surprises Sugarland had cancelled their performance due to sickness so that was a bummer.

By the time it was Kenny's turn it was really raining. He was able to get through a couple songs and then he announced that the concert would have to be re scheduled due to the weather! It was now around 10 and we had been in this mess all day long. We laughed about the day we had and the memories we made. We packed up and decided to go make a night of it. We met some friends out in Frisco and enjoyed the luxury of dry clothes, dry seats, and clean bathrooms! Even with all the little surprises the day had brought, come rain or shine, we will do it all over again on May 17 for the make up show!

Sunday consisted of doing not much of anything. We ate a great meal at Tin
Star for lunch and watched a couple of lifetime movies. Cant complain about a day of relaxation and good eating!!! It was a good way to get end the weekend.


  1. Jenna! I am SO incredibly jealous of where your seats where! NOT FAIR! lol! Sounds like we had similar evenings, except you were out there WAY longer than us. I couldn't believe we were doing that, but hey, it's Kenny! hehe! I look forward to the make-up concert next weekend! Yay!

  2. Thanks for the sparing! Sounded like one heck of a time, nothing wrong with a little rain!